Savory Japanese cabbage pancake.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup flour
- 5 cups (½ head) cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 3 green onions
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- Remove core from cabbage, dice or shred, peel and shred carrot using a cheese grater, slice green onions
- In a large bowl combine eggs, water, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Whisk until smooth. Add and whisk flour until it forms a thick smooth batter
- Add cabbage, carrots, and green onion to the batter and stir until the vegetables are evenly coated in batter.
- Head oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ¾ cup of vegetable and better mixture and flatten into a pancake about ½" to 1" thick. Cook until golden brown and flip, repeat for other side.
- For the topping, mix sriracha and mayo together in a small bowl.