Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese prepared in a balsamic vinegar reduction.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or butter)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces of goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat olive oil or butter over medium heat, add shallots until translucent, about 5 min
- Pour in balsamic vinegar, reduce heat, bring to a simmer. Continue until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes, stirring.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and spread goat cheese inside. Place in a baking dish.
- Drizzle ⅓ of the balsamic mixture over the open chicken breasts, close and pour remaining half over the chicken breasts. Optionally secure with toothpicks.
- Bake in oven until chicken is cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.